Monday, July 25, 2011

Amy & Armando are Married!! - St Augustine FL Wedding Photographer

Amy and Armando's black-and-white themed wedding in St. Augustine was beautiful and classy, just like how Amy wanted it to be :) I adore her flowers and reception decor at the White Room in St. Augustine! It was so much fun to see A LOT of familiar faces at their wedding :) I've known Amy since last year when she was a bridesmaid of one of my summer brides, Lisa :) Some of her other bridesmaids were in other weddings I've photographed before, and one of Armando's groomsmen, Kyle, is my best friend's brother :) It was also great seeing Kyle's family at the wedding! Amy's aunt, Kelley King, is one of the local florist vendors that I work with a lot, and it was so great to see her at the wedding not just working but dancing the night away too. Speaking of dancing, DJ Carlton McGee rocked the night with club/dance hits, and I don't think I ever saw Amy and her girls left the dance floor ;)

It was such a fun wedding even if it rained almost all day. We stayed indoors for all of the pictures, but it was all good :) The church where Amy and Armando got married is beautiful inside, and the White Room is gorgeous indoors for pictures as well!

Congratulations Amy & Armando!! I'm going to live vicariously through them when they go to Italy later this summer and celebrate their second wedding reception :) I wish they can just pack me inside their luggage-haha!

XOXO


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's florist, Kelley, with the bride :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I've never seen the bridal party acknowledged at the reception with pictures of the bridesmaids and groomsmen in a frame along with a friendship bio before :) Very cool!

Photobucket

Photobucket

So awesome that Amy and Armando hired a Cuban cigar roller for their reception!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Kyle and his family :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


THEIR LOVE STORY:

How did you guys meet?

Armando and I were both working for a call center here in Jacksonville. We had both been working for the company for a few years however we were in different departments and had never seen each other. Then, we both happened to be promoted at the same time and had to attend a training class for our new position. I was supposed to be enrolled in a class that occurred at a different time from Armando. However, at the last minute, I was placed into his training class and the rest is history!

Describe the proposal:

Armando and I were in Capri, Italy for vacation. We spent the day walking around exploring the beautiful island of Capri. That evening we were at the hotel getting ready to go to dinner, when Armando brought me up to the hotel rooftop so that we could take some pictures before dinner. From the rooftop we could see the entire island and all of the clear, blue water that surrounded the Almafi coast. As the sun was setting he had me turn around to look at some flowers on the rooftop. To my surprise he had arranged my ring box among the flowers. When I turned back around to look at him, he was down on one knee and asked me to marry him. It was the best proposal I could have ever imagined!

What is your favorite thing to do on your date night?

On our date nights, we usually go to a nice dinner and then come home to watch movies.

What do you love about him so much?

I knew that Armando was the one when he made a promise to me that no matter what happened he would NEVER leave me, he would NEVER quit working for our relationship, and that through thick and thin, he would always stand by my side. I love the way that Armando ALWAYS supports me. From the beginning of our relationship, Armando has stood by my side through some very rough times. He has always been my rock and he provides so much strength. He has made me more confident, courageous, and he empowers me to live my life to the fullest. He loves me unconditionally and loves me for all of my imperfections. He is faithful, trustworthy, and respectful and has an abundance of love, wisdom, and devotion.

What do you love about her so much?

Amy is the most important person in the world to me. I love her because she would do anything to make our relationship prosper. She is the most selfless person I have ever met and her heart is filled with kindness. Amy and I complement each other extraordinarily well and truly do make each other better. Amy has made me a better person, and has always given great support in accomplishing any goals in my life. I am very blessed to be marrying someone as amazing as Amy, whom I also consider my best friend.

What is your wedding invitation like and where did you go to get it done?

Our wedding invitation is square, black and white, and with a white damask design in the background. This is an invitation that I created myself.

What are your wedding colors and why did you guys choose that color palette?

Our wedding colors are black and white. We chose these colors because they are elegant and glamorous.

Describe your wedding cake:

Our wedding cake is a 3 tier square cake with white buttercream icing and a black fondant sparkling ribbon around the base of each tier. The cake flavors we chose were chocolate cake with a chocolate ganache filling and a rich red velvet cake. We have a Swarovski monogram topper that is dark crystals to match the black ribbons around the cake.

Describe your wedding flowers:

Our wedding flowers are all white and are a combination of peonies, garden roses, sweet peas, freesias, and phaleonopsis white orchids. The bridesmaids have a bouquet of white hydrangeas and white anemones with black centers.

What is your First Dance song, Father/Daughter song, and Mother/Son song at your wedding reception?

Our first dance song is “Everything I do” by Bryan Adams.
Our father/daughter dance song is “This is My Now” by Jordin Sparks.
OUr mother/son dance song is “The Prayer” by Andrea Bocelli and Celine Dion.

Where did you go for your honeymoon?

We are going to Italy for a second wedding reception with his family and then traveling to Spain for the second part of our honeymoon, where we will be staying in Barcelona and Minorca.

What are you looking forward to in the future together?

Our families are a very important part of our lives and Armando and I are looking forward to starting our own family together in the future. We also want to visit Italy often, so that our future children may know their Italian side of the family.

THEIR WEDDING INGREDIENTS:

Ceremony Location: Memorial Presbyterian Church
Reception Location: The White Room
Caterer: The White Room
Wedding Coordinator: Paula O’Connor from the Church
Cake: Publix
Florist: Kelley’s Bloom Room
Officiant: Dr. Dudley Weaver
Hair: Laura Calloway with Cuttin Loose
Make-up: Christine Barrera
Entertainment: DJ Carlton with McGee Entertainment
Wedding Dress: David’s Bridal
Bridesmaids Dresses: David’s Bridal
Groom and Groomsmen Wear: Michaels Formalwear

6 comments :

Grace Community Garden said...

oh- lots of wonderful shots. Amy is stunning and her huge bouquet is amazing! Love the cigar roller and the bios of the wedding party. Very fun!

Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

@Truly Engaging- Awww, thank you so much for the blog love!! I love the cigar roller too!! And boy, was her bouquet H-E-A-V-Y!! ;)

Cory's Mom said...

The pic of the rings on the smart phone is a nice touch, but why four?

Love,
Mom

Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

Hi Mom,

Amy has two wedding bands..one on the front of her engagement ring and one at the back :) Lots of bling, bling! :) XOXO

Motiur Video said...

That so great i like your service very much and some days ago i have fine out and videography service site and here has huge online support..
St. Augustine Wedding Videography

Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

Thank you, Motiur Video!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...