Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Happy 4 Years Anniversary To "Us!"

Had a wonderful time celebrating our 4-Year Wedding Anniversary this past weekend at Tybee Island, GA!! It is super beautiful over there!! The beach was nice, and it was packed all weekend long--guess that's always going to be like that wherever Bobby and I will go since our wedding anniversary always falls around Memorial Day weekend :) We have been traveling a lot since the beginning of this year--the Philippines, Mexico, and Miami in just a span of 4 months--so we wanted something low key for our wedding anniversary :) I didn't want it to be too close to home like Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island or even St. Augustine, but we both wanted to go to a beach :) We thought of Destin, but I suggested Tybee Island to Bobby after seeing Miley Cyrus/Nicholas Sparks' movie, "The Last Song." The island is SO pretty in that movie, so I wanted to check it out---and I'm totally not disappointed at all! It's amazing there, and I'm so glad that we had a small break from our busy lives to just enjoy the sun and spend some quality time together :) Here's to many more adventures with my love, my best friend and my travel companion!

PS-here are some fun facts about Tybee Island :)

- Tybee comes from the Native American word for “salt."

- There are 178 steps to the top of the Tybee Lighthouse, Georgia’s oldest and tallest lighthouse (and Bobby and I made it to the top!) :)

- Tybee only has three stoplights on the island.

XOXO

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...