Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Amy and Dennis are Married!! - St Petersburg FL Wedding Photographer

Amazing couple plus amazing location pretty much equate to an epic wedding!! Amy and Dennis share the sweetest love anyone can ever imagine, and I'm so happy that Bobby and I got the honor to photograph their unforgettable wedding day :) We traveled to St. Petersburg FL for their wedding at the Mahaffey Theater, and that place is serious heaven for photographers who are architecture-geeks like me. High five to the staff for turning the lights on inside the main theater for us to take pictures :) The Dali Museum is right outside, and that was an interesting location for pictures as well :)

Overall, I've been anxious to share these pictures. That was such a fun wedding, and Bobby and I had a great time getting to know their family and friends! Amy's beautiful smile brightened the whole room, and the energy and the excitement on the dance floor was infectious that I don't think anyone really sat down!

Congratulations, Amy and Dennis, and thank you for having us be a part of your amazing day!! Welcome back also from your sweet Alaskan cruise honeymoon!! :)

XOXO


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


THEIR LOVE STORY:

How did you guys meet?

Dennis and I met online on the yahoo dating site. I had been on a million bad internet dates and then I met Dennis and knew I would never have to go on another one.

Describe the proposal:

Long story short…I love manatees. It was an early Sunday tour for the Bar Association or so I thought…This was yet another work networking event where Dennis thought I should tag along, but it was the zoo and I love the zoo so I was all for it. The whole week leading up I was begging Dennis to make sure the tour made a stop at the manatee hospital, and he told me not to get my hopes up. We show up bright and early and none of his coworkers, or for that matter, any of the other people going on the tour were even there. So, we just went by ourselves. We walked around the zoo with the tour guide and then we headed to the MANATEE HOSPITAL! I was jumping out of my skin. Our tour guide then offered to let us FEED the manatees lettuce. I went through one whole box of lettuce (Poor Dennis only got to throw one leaf of lettuce!). I then tore open the other box of lettuce. What I didn’t know was that Dennis had one of the tour guides place the ring box in the box of lettuce, but I was clueless. I almost threw the ring into the manatee exhibit along with a head of lettuce! He sensed my clumsiness because he knows me so well, and as I turned around to pick up another head of lettuce…he was on one knee and asked me to marry him! We hugged and kissed and then went on to tour the rest of the zoo and call our families. It was a day we will never forget, especially since he had also arranged a surprise 30th birthday that night for me and I had friends even travel down to celebrate my 30th and our engagement. Truly AMAZING! I love him so much! He kept it a really good surprise because I didn’t shower or change and showed up to our engagement/my birthday party in sneakers and no make-up. HEHE Best DAY Ever!

What is your favorite thing to do on your date night?

We like to curl up with our doggie, BB, and watch Modern Family on our DVR or go to DisneyWorld and compete against each other on the Toy Story Ride.

What do you love about him so much?

His sense of humor.

What do you love about her so much?

Her sense of humor.

What is your wedding invitation like and where did you go to get it done?

The wedding invitation was from Carlson Craft and was a black and ecru pocket style invitation. Dennis’ sister Cheri helped me with the entire process and I am forever grateful. My favorite thing about the wedding invitations were the custom stamps I had created on zazzle. I first had a caricature drawn from pictures from an online caricature company and then used the caricature to create the stamps. This was a way we could include our doggie on the wedding fun.

What are your wedding colors and why did you guys choose that color palette?

Black, ivory, with a hint of red. I like the simple aspect of this palette for a formal wedding.

Describe your wedding cake:

Our wedding cake was 4 (or maybe 3?) tiers :) It was an ivory base all over with black ribbons at each base and our initials on a theater-like marquis on the middle layer. The best part of our cake was that it tasted amazing! It was vanilla cake with dulce de leche filling on 2 layers and chocolate cake with raspberry on the other layers. YUM!

Describe your wedding flowers:

Our wedding flowers were very simple, ivory/white hydrangea arrangements, bouquets and red and ivory rose boutonnières.

What is your First Dance song, Father/Daughter song, and Mother/Son song at your wedding reception?

First Dance: Love Will Keep Us Alive- The Eagles
Father/Daughter: I Hope You Dance-LeeAnn Womack
Mother/Son: Through the Years-Kenny Rogers

Where did you go for your honeymoon?

Seattle, Alaska, & Canada. Amazing!

What are you looking forward to in the future together?

We are looking forward to EVERYTHING! We are not sure what is in our future as far as kids, career moves, or anything like that….but we know we will be with each other to enjoy everything life has to offer.

THEIR AWESOME WEDDING VENDORS:

Ceremony Location: Mahaffey Theater (St. Petersburg, FL)
Reception Location: Mahaffey Theater (St. Petersburg, FL)
Caterer: Delectable’s Catering, (Palm Harbor, FL) (Marilyn Chapman is AWESOME)
Wedding Coordinator: Krissy Messer with Special Moments (Pinellas Park, FL)
Photographer: Corinna Hoffman Photography (Jacksonville, FL)
Videographer: Chuck with Heart’s Video (Clearwater, FL)
Cake: Custom Creations - Mikey’s Café & Bakery (Tampa, FL)
Florist: Sharen’s Florist (Treasure Island, FL)
Officiant: Rabbi Arthur Baseman and Reverend Leddy Hammock (Clearwater, FL)
Hair: Jess at Vinoy Salon and Spa (St. Petersburg, FL)
Make-up: Vinoy Salon and Spa (St. Petersburg, FL)
Entertainment: Frank Lebano & Company DJ’s (Dunedin, FL)
Wedding Dress: The Dressing Room (St. Petersburg, FL) –-Best alterations and selections in the area!
Bridesmaids Dresses: David’s Bridal (Jacksonville, FL)
Groom and Groomsmen Wear: Men’s Wearhouse (Various Locations)

2 comments :

Grace Community Garden said...

FUN! Amy is so expressive- love the red pops! yay!

Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

Thank you for the blog love, Truly Engaging :)

I had SO much at this wedding :)
Amy is such an awesome bride :)
XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...