Sunday, March 15, 2009

Lara Casey's Social Media Workshop

Editor-in-chief, Lara Casey, for Southern Weddings Magazine offered a fun and educational workshop on Social Media last Friday.  I learned a lot of new things on blogging, Twitter and Facebook that are essential for my business.  Met and networked with new photographers in Florida.  I was stoked to find out a couple of girls have heard of me and seen my work before we even got to meet.  Social media is really working!

Glad I went even though it was an 11-hour road trip to Pensacola and back to Jacksonville.  I had a great time connecting with Gwen and Ginger during the trip.  We even did a mini fun session just to kill time right before the workshop started.  Thank you, ladies, for a great time!

P.S. - The first three pictures just show that I am a jumping-shot addict :)

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Me with Paul Johnson (awesome photog) and his wife. 
Photobucket

New photogs I got to meet, Wendi & Ashley.
Photobucket

Us with Lara Casey and the other SW mag editors, Laura Eastes & Kirstin Hawley.
Photobucket

Lastly, the goodies they gave away were delicious!  I was in heaven when I ate the brownie pop
!
Photobucket



7 comments :

Unknown said...

It was so much fun and I enjoyed our very LONG car ride together! The workshop was so useful.

Ginger Dupre said...

Amazingly useful workshop and I had an absolute blast with you and Gwen! Love the shots girl, fun!

Anonymous said...

Aww sounds like fun and informative!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

a brownie pop!!!!! yum! hope it was as fun as it looked!!

Lyndsay Almeida said...

can't wait to hear all about it! love the pics of gwen and ginger. next time i am so there!!!

Rachel said...

OMG! I have to learn how to make those flip flop cookies! These pics are too cute - you all look great.

Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog...they made my week!

See you soon!
Rachel

Kricia Morris Photography said...

It was fantastic to meet you guys too! How hilarious that we all ended up taking pictures surrounding the workshop. It just worked out that Micha and I were both childless and I happened to have my camera with me! :) Hopefully we'll be able to get together again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...