Saturday, January 17, 2009

Shooting Around

Yay, the hubby gave me the green light to go ahead and buy the home studio light kit. I much prefer natural daylight over anything, but lately, I've been rather intrigued with studio lights and flashes. Got the pocket wizards but just now starting to learn how to use it with the strobe lights. Who knew that you needed an extra cord to make those two work together? Thank goodness that Radio Shack is just down the road from our house. :)

This year must be the year for babies. A lot of our family and friends are having babies this year, and I'd like to master studio lighting for future sessions :) We just ordered 24-70mm f/2.8 and 50mm f/1.2 lens, and I can't wait to start taking newborn pictures :)

**I'm looking for a fun studio backdrop. Does anyone have any suggestions on what & where to get a good one? Thank you.

Here's a couple of "goofing around" pictures from tonight's practice:
Photobucket
Photobucket

6 comments :

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the fun stuff that comes out of the Hoffman Photography Studio! : )

Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

Thanks, Gwen! I'm super excited too! Thank you also for the link to http://stores.ebay.com/2DreamMaker :)

Ali said...

Aw! Cute!

Grace Community Garden said...

Yeah, more to come! Blog Luv to you... Come see! http://www.trulyengaging.com/blog-luv-awards/

Anonymous said...

Hey Corinna! Love your photos! I'm a photographer friend of Starla Steward's. I get really cool (and cheap) backdrops from Urban Outfitters--they have awesome tapestries that are around $20-30, and they're the perfect size for individuals or small groups. I just got a couple new ones for $15 each, and I'm sewing them together to make a larger one for bigger groups.

Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

Ali-thanks, girl! Hope to see you again soon :)

Truly Engaging-your blog rocks! Thank you! :)

Kristi-cool! Thanks for the info :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...