Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Lunar Eclipse Winter Solstice 2010 - Jacksonville FL Photographer

Tonight's lunar eclipse is simply amazing!! Most of you know that I like to stay up late anyway, so going outside at 1:30 AM and watching the lunar eclipse up to 3:30 AM was nothing for me. I didn't have to set my alarm clock to wake me up. I was outside most of the time with my dog watching the lunar eclipse and drinking my hot chocolate. I woke Bobby up once the moon is completely covered by the earth's shadow. I also tried to take some pictures but granted, I only used what I had (70-200mm lens) and nothing special for astronomy photos!

Hmmn..it's 4:30 AM.. and now I'm in the mood to watch the Twilight's movie, "Eclipse!" Nah, I'm heading to bed :) Goodnight!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_eclipse

Enjoy!
XOXO

Here's a picture of the moon before the lunar eclipse started.

Photobucket

Lunar eclipse just starting around 1:32 am Eastern time.

Photobucket

Here's what the moon looked like around 2:32 AM Eastern Time..almost covered and looked like a finger nail that you just clipped ;)

Photobucket

Full lunar eclipse! God is amazing to provide us with this beauty :)

Photobucket

This is what the image above looks like without cropping done to it :)

Photobucket

4 comments :

jhester said...

Love these! We weren't able to see the lunar eclipse because of cloud cover, so I am happy to wake up this morning to your blog post!

Mama Crochets said...

Wow, Cory! These came out amazing! Now we know another area of photographer you could foray into! =D I would so love some night shots with a moon in the background! lol

Thanks for sharing these, and it was great to stay up late with you, even if we were 1300 miles away!

Kelly Rae said...

Love the Lunar Eclipse Pictures!! I didn't know how beautiful an eclipse was. Thanks so much for your beautiful pictures. I saw your comment on Jess's blog, so I thought I'd stop by.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own wedding dresses in your wedding.You can visit our site wholesale wedding dresses.You can find a line wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,ball gown wedding dresses, empire wedding dresses, mother of the bride dresses,column wedding dresses, flower girl dresses, tea length wedding dresses,2011 style wedding dresses, strapless wedding dresses plus size wedding dresses,prom dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dressesyour dream. Finally,I hope you have a happy wedding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...