Wednesday, September 17, 2008

2nd Place Is Not So Bad

As many of you know already, I am in Toastmasters and as much as I hate public speaking, I really love this club!! We had our Evaluation Speech contest today, and I was one of the four contestants to evaluate Wayne's speech. I gave my best shot, although, I rushed my conclusion part because I was running out of time. I thought I was a goner then, but apparently, my speech was good enough to win 2nd place :) Our Membership of Education officer, Sandra, won first place, and she did a phenomenal job with her speech! We both get to compete at the area level, which will be on Oct. 3rd. I also got to see a friend of ours, Rob, win the Humorous Speech contest in his area level two weekends ago. Yay for Toastmasters! From the area level, the winner will move forward to the Division contest which will be on the weekend that I will be in NYC for an engagement session. Hey--now the pressure is off!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


5 comments :

Unknown said...

Yeah!! Very exciting! I am so jealous that you are going to New York for a session. I so love it there! I was actually thinking last night about going up there for Thanksgiving since my BFF is going up there.

Lyndsay Almeida said...

Congrats!!
PS-You look smart in those glasses. :)

Anonymous said...

yeheyyy! that's my girl! you're having so much fun, i think that's marvelous.

going to nyc, eh. when are you going? details, details.

Anonymous said...

congradulations,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,call mandy, I know she would like to hear from you. Perhaps you could meet in nyc.

Tracy said...

Yay! Good for you! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...