Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Freedom of Speech

Blog, blog, blog...who even came up with that term, "blog?" I used to never be a fan of blogging, but I figured why not so I can showcase my photos online and be more personable to future brides and families. I'm still new with blogging and just learning that there are more to this blog world, a.k.a. Blogosphere. I was browsing around the Business section at the library a couple of days ago, and I smiled when I saw the book, "Blog Rules: A Business Guide to Managing Policy, Public Relations, and Legal Issues." Curiosity got me, so therefore I checked out the book and so far, it is pretty interesting.

How ironic that one of the AOL Headline News tonight has to do with your bosses spying on you. Of course, the blogging topic came up. I found this article, Fired for Blogging, really interesting...I wonder if Freedom of Speech applies to blogging as well? Since I have not asked permission to post that article in my blog, please check it out by clicking on the link Fired for Blogging. The author really offered some great tips for blogging etiquette.

Thanks for reading my two cents for the night and enjoy the rest of your April Fools Day!

PS - After I wrote this post, I tried researching where the word, "blog" did come from, and per Wikipedia, the word "blog" is an abridgment of the term web log. Interesting.

1 comment :

Yours Truly said...

You should check out www.dooce.com

She actually got fired because of her blog. She now refers to this act as "being dooce'd".

She's probably one of the funniest people I've ever read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...